Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vintage girl dresses



So, among my other umpteen projects, i would also like to try out these patterns that i am in love with. I am considering resizing one or all of them along with the lady's patterns that i have selected, since a child pattern takes less room and therefore less cost in printing. Here are my three current favorites with fabric i have already. First is a late 30's, pleat-front number. So cute in a ladybug print with white cuffs and collar. I am planning to embroider daisies on the collar and use ladybug buttons. Pretty cute, i think. It is a size 6, for now, so i will have to think of someone extra cute to make it for....hmmmmm.....
Then here is my second choice...a swinging little 40's number with a shaped yoke and buttons on the side for closure. And i realize that these pictures are not how i wanted them to be, but i am not sure how to get them in the right order. sigh. Now i cannot post the other ones at all. I will figure this out eventually.
So the second one is going to be a blue with a blue floral for the yoke , sleeves and waist band. with blue buttons.
The third one is a side buttoning dress from the late 3o's. I am going to make the view like the blue one with short sleeves and a bow. I have enough of this pink satin, and though dressy, it will be Small One's size next spring. Any votes? Which one do you like the best? Which do you think would be the most popular for others to sew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to message me about any dress details