Saturday, April 16, 2011

This is my inaugural post, and it is freaking me out.


Don't get too ramped up folks, just testing out the old blogging skill set. There are so many things you have to DO to be able to post successfully. I feel like my PawPaw when remotes came out and he decided that it was a plot to keep him from his blessed Welk show. But i digress. I am trying to figure out how to add all the charming freebies that people like the Impossibly Peppy and Talented Cynthia have shown me, and yet i am still at a loss. Perhaps i will figure it all out, but i am sure not before saying "Kids these days...when i was a girl in the '80's..." at least half a dozen times. I am trying unsuccessfully not to suffer from "Blog Envy", which i am sure is one of the deadly sins. This was supposed to be low-key, remember, Kat? oh yeah.

Here is my current wonder girl, Kitty. Making this sample, then resizing the pattern to modern sizing 6-14 will be my first set of posts. I have already cut the first sample out of a charming yarn-dyed,cherry red/pink plaid so it will look very similar to the view on the right. The second sample i have planned is a mustard yellow calico with small rose and white stylized flowers. It is very "feed bag fabric" and i am planning to use the 3/4 sleeves on it, so i can see the difference. I may also use eyelet for the ruffling if it does not look too juvenile.
Ok, so that is all i have going on right now.
cheerio,
Aunt Kat

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! You did it! Glad to see your first post live. Love your style. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, your FIRST post!

    Quit spazzing, and have FUN! I quit listening to what other people said about my blog long ago...cause it will drive you crazy.

    I'm just curious to maybe learn a little 'bout sewing (or not).

    And so far, it looks and 'sounds' just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I'm going to say is: YIPPIE!

    Oh - and have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

feel free to message me about any dress details